- Students may not use the bathroom in the first five or last five minutes of class.
- Students must sign out AND in on the iPad (or paper if technology is down).
- Students should be gone no longer than 6 minutes. If it needs to be longer, students should tell the teacher.
- Students should follow the order on the bathroom sign-up white board to cause the least amount of disruptions.
- No pit stops. If students request to go to the bathroom, that is the only place they should be going. If students abuse this policy, they will lose the right to use the bathroom during my class.
cell phone policy
- Students should silence phones upon entering class. Even vibrating phones cause distractions!
- Students should turn phones into the designated cell phone spot.
- If cell phones need to be used, I will give them permission to get them.
- If there is an emergency and you need to contact your child, please call the office. (540)261-2127
Flexible seating policy
- Choose a work place that allows you to be successful.
- Use seats appropriately.
- Take care of community supplies.
- Mrs. George has the right to move anyone at anytime.
- Be Comfortable!
- Be prepared to answer the question: Why did you choose that seat today?
- Seats are chosen on a first-come/first-serve basis. There is no "saving" seats.
- If two students want the same seat, rock/paper/scissors will be used to determine who gets it.
- If there is arguing, Mrs. George will choose seats for both students.
- If there is whining, Mrs. George will choose a seat for the unhappy student.
- Students who cannot handle flexible seating will be given traditional seating within the classroom.
I want all of my students to be successful in English! With that in mind, here are my policies for work:
- Students are welcome to turn in work up to the cut-off date for late work grades at the end of the quarter.
- Late work will lose points, but any work turned in that shows effort will get a passing grade.
- Students should get their absent work from the absent crate for the days they missed.
- If possible, students should alert me before the absence so I can pull work together for them.
- If students miss big assignments/projects, they are expected on the day they return unless prior arrangements are made.
- I allow revised work on writing and essays, however in most cases it is not mandatory.
- Students will receive a revision due date from me. After that date, I do not accept revised writing work.